Sat, Jun 27|
White Antiracism Intensive for Bryant University
Welcome to the antiracism intensive for Bryant University! I’m Erin and I’ll be your facilitator. I will be sending you a survey and a pre-assignment, so keep an eye on your email. I’m looking forward to learning together and creating a meaningful plan of action.
Time & Location
Jun 27, 2020, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
About the event
In a time of national racialized trauma during a global pandemic, we don't need paralyzing shame; we need clear, loving and truthful instruction for white people desiring to be allies, paired with custom action plans rooted in community accountability, so that words and thoughts transform into meaningful antiracist action.
THIS INTENSIVE WILL:
- Cover key terms and definitions in current academic and social discourse on race and antiracism
- Offer guiding principles for white students and/or staff engaging in this work
- Provide a framework for white identity development rooted in antiracism
- Survey participants before and after for quantitative data on qualitative change Provide participants with a custom action plan for their next steps in learning and doing
- Ticket type
Half Day Intensive (4 hours)
- Key terms and definitions White Identity Development -- - Framework - Curated next-steps for participants - Pre and post survey for leadership to discern measurablesPrice$0.00